The principle of the supercritical fluid extraction and separation process is that the supercritical fluid has a special dissolving effect on fatty acids, plant alkaloids, ethers, ketones, glycerides, etc., and the relationship between the dissolving ability of the supercritical fluid and its density is used, that is, the pressure and temperature are used to Influenced by the solvency of supercritical fluid.
In the supercritical state, the supercritical fluid is contacted with the substance to be separated, so that it selectively extracts the components of polarity, boiling point and molecular weight in sequence.
Of course, the extract corresponding to each pressure range cannot be single, but the conditions can be controlled to obtain the proportion of mixed components, and then the supercritical fluid can be turned into an ordinary gas by means of decompression and temperature rise, and the extracted substance is basically precipitated. In order to achieve the purpose of separation and purification, the supercritical fluid extraction process is a combination of extraction and separation.
The Principle of Supercritical Extractor:
The principle of supercritical CO2 fluid extraction (SFE) separation process is based on the relationship between the dissolving ability of supercritical fluid and its density, that is, the influence of pressure and temperature on the dissolving ability of supercritical fluid. In the supercritical state, the supercritical fluid is contacted with the substance to be separated, so that it selectively extracts the components of polarity, boiling point and molecular weight in sequence. Of course, the extract corresponding to each pressure range cannot be single, but the conditions can be controlled to obtain the optimal ratio of mixed components, and then the supercritical fluid can be turned into a common gas by means of decompression and temperature rise, and the extracted substance It is basically separated out, so as to achieve the purpose of separation and purification, so the supercritical CO2 fluid extraction process is a combination of extraction and separation processes.
Models and Components of Supercritical Extractors:
There are currently four types of supercritical extractors: SFT-5L, SFT-10L, SFT-25L, and SFT-50L.
The supercritical extraction device is mainly composed of the following parts: CO2 gas cylinder with a purity of ≥99%, refrigeration device, temperature control and display system, pressure control and display system, safety protection device, carrier tank, purifier, mixer, heat exchanger , storage tanks, plunger pumps, extraction cylinders, separators, rectification columns, electric control cabinets, valves, pipe fittings and cabinets, etc.
KD-SFT-5L Supercritical Co2 Extraction Equipment for Sale
KD-SFT-5L Supercritical Co2 Extraction Equipment for Sale
KD-SFT-25L Supercritical Co2 Extraction Equipment for Sale
KD-SFT-50L Supercritical Co2 Extraction Equipment for Sale
Supercritical Extractor Extraction Process:
Crush the plant to be extracted, weigh about 300-700g and put it into the extractor (6), and repeatedly flush the equipment with CO2 to remove the air. When operating, first open the valve (12) and the valve of the cylinder for air intake, then start the high-pressure valve (4) to boost the pressure, and then adjust the pressure-reducing valve (9) when the pressure reaches the predetermined pressure, and adjust the pressure in the separator (7). Separate the pressure, then open the vent valve (10) and connect the rotameter to measure the flow rate. By adjusting each valve, the extraction pressure, separation pressure and CO2 flow rate during the extraction process are all stable at the required operating conditions, and the half-closed valve (10) is opened. The valve (11) is operated in a full cycle process, and the extract is extracted from the oil discharge valve (8) during the extraction process.
Supercritical extraction method of CBD:
Carbon dioxide supercritical extraction is the most commonly used plant extraction method.
(1) Reduce the temperature of carbon dioxide to below -56.1 ℃ and increase the pressure to above 0.52 MPa through the compression device, at which point the carbon dioxide gas is converted into liquid. The temperature and pressure are increased until the liquid becomes "supercritical".
(2) Put high-quality cannabis in the extractor, and supercritical carbon dioxide dissolves in the extractor to collect the extract of the plant. The liquid carbon dioxide is fed into a low-pressure separator, and the cannabis extract is automatically separated from the carbon dioxide.
(3) The carbon dioxide reaches a supercritical state after passing through the compression device and continues to return to the extraction tank for cannabis extraction. Until the extraction is completed, the carbon dioxide returns to the storage tank, and the crude CBD product flows out of the separator and is collected into the storage tank.
Features of Supercritical Extraction:
Supercritical fluid extraction technology is carried out by using the relationship between the dissolving ability of supercritical fluid and its density, that is, using the influence of pressure and temperature on the dissolving ability of supercritical fluid. In the supercritical state, the supercritical fluid is contacted with the substance to be separated, so that it selectively extracts the components with different polarity, boiling point and relative molecular mass in sequence. Compared with ordinary liquids, the extraction rate and range of SFE are more expanded, and it has the following characteristics:
1. Supercritical extraction has some characteristics of rectification and liquid-liquid extraction. Studies have shown that the vapor pressure, polarity and molecular weight of solutes can all affect the solubility of solutes in supercritical fluids, and the degree of separation between components is determined by the volatility between components and the affinity between molecules. Generally, the components are extracted in order of boiling point; non-polar supercritical CO2 fluid only has a high extraction ability for non-polar and weakly polar substances.
2. The extraction ability of supercritical fluid depends on the fluid density, so it can be easily controlled by adjusting temperature and pressure, which is very beneficial to ensure the stability of product quality.
3. The extractant can be recycled, and its separation and recovery methods are far simpler than rectification and liquid-liquid extraction, and the energy consumption is lower. In actual operation, the method of isothermal decompression or isobaric heating is often used to separate the solute from the extractant.
4. The operating temperature of supercritical fluid extraction is related to the critical temperature of the extractant. For example, the critical temperature of the most commonly used CO2 extractant is 31.1°C, which is close to room temperature, so it is especially suitable for the extraction of heat-sensitive components without solvent residue.
Applications of Supercritical Extraction:
Supercritical fluid extraction technology has many potential application prospects in the extraction and distillation process. In recent decades, its development speed is very fast, and it has been widely used in the fields of medicine, chemical industry, food, light industry and environmental protection. .
The characteristics of supercritical extraction determine its wide range of applications. For example, in the pharmaceutical industry, it can be used for the extraction of active ingredients of Chinese herbal medicines, the refining of heat-sensitive biological products, and the separation of lipid mixtures; in the food industry, the extraction of hops, pigments, etc.; in the spice industry, natural and Refining of synthetic spices; separation of mixtures in the chemical industry, etc. Specific applications can be divided into the following aspects:
1. Extraction of bioactive molecules from medicinal plants, extraction and separation of alkaloids;
2. Lipids from different microorganisms, or used for lipid recovery, or removal of lipids from glycosides and proteins;
3. Extract anti-cancer substances from a variety of plants, especially paclitaxel from the bark and branches of yew to prevent cancer;
4. Vitamins, mainly the extraction of vitamin E;
5. Purify various active substances (natural or synthetic) to remove unwanted molecules (such as removing pesticides from vegetable extracts) or "slag" to obtain purified products;
6. Processing of various natural antibacterial or antioxidant extracts, such as basil, string red, thyme, garlic, onion, chamomile, chili powder, licorice and fennel seeds, etc.
Precautions for Using Supercritical Extraction Equipment：
Supercritical extraction equipment uses supercritical carbon dioxide instead of organic solvents to extract compounds, and has important applications in food, medicine and other industries. As a commonly used extraction equipment, understanding the precautions during operation can reduce operational errors, prolong the service life of the instrument, and improve test efficiency.
1. The supercritical extraction device is a high-pressure flow device, and only operators who are familiar with the system process can operate it.
2. The operator is not allowed to leave the post during high-voltage operation. If any abnormal situation occurs, stop the machine immediately and turn off the main power supply for inspection.
3. Before starting the pump system, check whether the lubrication is in compliance with the instructions, and the packing cap should not be too loose or too tight.
4. Before the operation of the electrode point pressure gauge, the required value should be adjusted in advance, otherwise the pump will stop automatically or the electrode will fail to exceed the pressure.
5. The refrigerator is refrigerated by R22 freon. Check the oil of the refrigerator before starting. The normal condition has been adjusted. Generally, the valve should not be moved.
6. Recycle Freon if it is not used for a long time. The specific operation is: close the liquid supply valve and start the machine for about 5 minutes. When the low pressure gauge is lower than 0.1MPa, stop the machine.
7. Always check whether the connection parts are loose.
8. The pump needs to replace the lubricating oil within a certain period of time.
Why Choose Us
Professional extraction equipment manufacturer
Zhengzhou Keda Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd. is a family integrating production and trade. Our main product is laboratory extraction equipment. Supercritical extraction is one of our main products. Our supercritical extraction models are: SFE-5L , SFE-10L, SFE-25L, SFE-50L, and can also be customized according to your needs. The company has been established for more than ten years, providing equipment solutions for tens of thousands of enterprises and individuals at home and abroad, and has won the Customers at home and abroad have won unanimous praise.
We have warehouses in Los Angeles in the United States, Valencia in Spain, and Thailand. We can choose the nearest warehouse for delivery according to the customer's geographical location, ensuring that the customer receives the goods quickly.
Perfect After-sales Team
We provide a one-year warranty service for the products we sell. We have a professional after-sales team to deal with customers' after-sales problems, and can provide corresponding technical guidance through videos and other methods.