2L rotovap distillation bump? Distillation efficiency too slow? Vacuum pump outlet leakage? Heater heating up too slowly? I believe that many friends have encountered these headaches during the actual distillation process. How to avoid these problems when choosing a rotary evaporator?
There are many types of 2L rotovap products, and the product performance, energy consumption, and operating costs are also different. How can users choose the right one? Today, Jordan will discuss the core technology, evaporation efficiency, supporting equipment and maintenance methods of 2L rotovap. Here are some suggestions for you to choose 2L rotovap for your reference.
The Core Technology of 2L Rotovap:
1. The seal of 2L rotovap adopts polytetrafluoroethylene and rubber composite seal, which can maintain high vacuum and ensure the sealing of the equipment.
2. The 2L rotovap uses a high-efficiency condenser to ensure a high recovery rate.
3. Use the digital constant temperature control of the water bath, and the temperature is clear at a glance.
4. A large number of stainless steel and aluminum alloy parts are used in the mechanical structure of 2L rotovap, and all glass parts are made of high temperature resistant high boron glass.
Under the corrosion of various solvents and in the operating state, whether the system can maintain a high vacuum degree is the main standard to measure the quality of 2L rotovap. All the sealing interfaces are sealed with Teflon material and glass, which can resist the corrosion of various solvents, ensure the airtightness is durable and reliable, and can maintain a high vacuum degree above -0.098MPa.
2L Rotovap Distillation Efficiency:
Vacuum value of 1.2L rotovap system
The closed space of 2L rotovap is composed of glass components such as evaporating flask, evaporating tube, sealing ring, condenser tube, vacuum buffer bottle, vacuum pump and vacuum pipeline. Among them, the vacuum pump, sealing ring and vacuum tube are the key to the vacuum of the system.
Vacuum pump and vacuum controller: During distillation, it is necessary to set a reasonable vacuum value through the vacuum controller to ensure distillation efficiency and avoid bumping.
Seals: Wear and corrosion resistance are key. PTFE sealing rings have better wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
2. Heating pot temperature
The higher the temperature of the heating pot, the faster the distillation effect of the solvent. The commonly used temperature is 60°C. Furthermore, if the temperature is above 80°C, switching to silicone oil as the medium will cause cleaning problems. Generally, it is recommended to reduce the vacuum value to achieve faster distillation efficiency.
3. Rotational speed of the evaporating flask
The faster the speed of the evaporating flask, the larger the infiltration area of the inner surface of the flask and the larger the heating area. For materials with different viscosities, there is an optimal rotation speed.
4. The temperature of the cooling medium
In order to ensure the best distillation efficiency, it is generally recommended to maintain a temperature difference of 40°C between the cooling medium and the heating pot temperature. At this temperature, the hot steam can be condensed quickly, which can reduce the impact of the steam on the vacuum of the system.
It is very important to clarify the distillation task of 2L rotovap. The distillation efficiency is very important. The higher the distillation efficiency of the rotary evaporator, the more samples can be distilled per day. In the case of the same solvent, the higher the distillation efficiency, the more samples will be distilled, and the more suitable for purchase.
After considering the evaporation efficiency of 2L rotovap, choose the supporting equipment. The supporting equipment of 2L rotovap refers to vacuum equipment and cold source equipment.
2L Rotovap Supporting Equipment:
Vacuum pumps are recommended to use circulating water vacuum pumps or diaphragm vacuum pumps that are resistant to corrosion by various solvents. A vacuum controller is optional to achieve a more efficient and controllable distillation process. In addition, the cold source equipment is selected according to the cooling medium temperature and evaporation, and a low-temperature coolant circulation pump is recommended.
1. Circulating Water Vacuum Pump
Circulating water vacuum pump features:
(1) Circulating water, saving cost.
(2) Compared with other types of vacuum pumps, it saves more than 35% of electricity, effectively saving costs.
(3) A specially made fluid muffler reduces the gas in water and reduces the impact of distillation.
(4) Dual taps and dual displays can be used individually or simultaneously to improve efficiency.
(5) Acid, alkali, solvent corrosion, durable and reliable.
(6) The motor is sealed with fluororubber to avoid the intrusion of corrosive gas.
(7) It can be used to extract corrosive gas.
(8) The pump body is made of PP, and the ejector and suction nozzle are made of stainless steel, which is more suitable for acid gas.
2. Low Temperature Coolant Circulation Pump
Low temperature coolant circulation pump features:
(1) The equipment adopts a fluorine-free refrigeration system and has multiple protection devices.
(2) The low-temperature coolant circulation pump has the function of internal and external circulation, which cools down or maintains a constant temperature for the experimental container.
(3) Using a new generation of fully automatic PID temperature setting program and temperature sensor, the temperature control accuracy is high.
(4) High-precision temperature control technology to improve temperature uniformity.
(5) Large-screen LCD with clear data.
(6) High-quality S304 stainless steel is used, clean and hygienic, beautiful and corrosion-resistant.
After selecting the appropriate supporting equipment, whether the 2L rotovap maintenance method is simple and convenient is also a factor you need to consider.
2L Rotovap Maintenance Method:
1. Check the instrument carefully before use, check whether the glass bottle is damaged, and whether the interfaces are consistent.
2. Wipe each interface with a soft cloth, and then apply a little vacuum grease.
3. Each interface should be loosened and moved regularly to avoid long-term tight locking that will cause the connector to be seized.
4. The PTFE switches everywhere should not be tightened too hard, as it is easy to damage the glass.
5. After each use, you must use a soft cloth to remove all kinds of oil stains, stains, and solvent residues on the surface of the machine, and keep it clean.
The above content is to provide you with some suggestions when choosing a suitable 2L rotovap. Of course, you can contact us if you have any questions or technical support.
ZZKD Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd. is a comprehensive manufacturer specializing in R&D, production, sales, laboratory, biochemical and pharmaceutical equipment, especially rotary evaporators, glass reactors, vacuum drying ovens, etc. 13 years of production and export experience and a series of ISO9001 and CE certificates, with warehouses in the United States, Spain and Thailand.
If you want to know about our products, or want to buy our equipment, please feel free to contact us, ZZKD will provide you with the best price of 2L rotovap.